- We believe that Quality of Life and Economic Development are inextricably linked.
- We believe in planning and measured accountability for the future of the Bluegrass.
- We believe in preservation of precious bluegrass soils and irreplaceable qualities of the region such as the equine industry, heritage, cultural and natural resources.
- We believe that “open source collaboration” and partnership in our region is the key to achieving a unified vision.
- We believe that by focusing on retaining and recruiting creative talent and keeping our best and brightest youth is a key to our future in competing in a changing global economy.
- We believe that each of our communities in the Bluegrass Region is separate, unique, and special, but that in partnership we are “All Together Better.”
- We believe that developing and planning for a unified vision and a better quality of life in the Bluegrass is an important and unique role for Bluegrass Tomorrow.
- We believe that “well developed” means a respect for the environment and heritage, allows for walk-ability and transportation alternatives, incorporates green spaces, creates unique places for people, offers housing choice and affordability, keeps community focus on our downtown areas and neighborhood centers that are the hearts of our communities and yields home-grown economic success.
- We believe that “well preserved” means the continued growth and expansion of agriculture, especially our world famous equine industry that provides us with a brand identity matched by few regions, protecting the incomparable views from our roads, safe guarding our sensitive and fragile environment, and enhancing our unique architectural legacy.
Bluegrass Tomorrow envisions the Central Kentucky (Bluegrass) Region as a place where our best agricultural land remains secure and productive, and development occurs deliberately, responsibly, and with environmental sensitivity; it is a place where we celebrate and preserve our unique agricultural resources and heritage; where we enjoy a strong sense of place through constructive connected governance; and where education is deemed the key to all success and is promoted as such.
Bluegrass Tomorrow is in the “Quality of Life” business. Our mission is to connect, unify, and motivate the current and future stakeholders of the Bluegrass Region ot preserve, protect, and promote those activities in Central Kentucky that positively affect the Quality of Life enjoyed, desired, and deserved by the citizens and their communities. These include, but are not limited to our shared natural and cultural heritage as they relate to land use, transportation, education, sustainability and recreation, all based on and contributing to a diverse and thriving economy.
Bluegrass Tomorrow is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by a geographically, technically, and culturally diverse Board of Directors and Executive committee. Fifty percent of the Board is from outside Fayette County.
We believe that quality of life and economic development are inextricably linked. We monitor Quality of Life issues and activities across the region promoting what seems best for the greater good. Because we are an independent non-profit ed by key regional leaders, we are nimble and able to change directions quickly as circumstances dictate to address emerging issues and opportunities that are important to the region.
We are organized in two division and we Connect the Region through a variety of strategic programs and projects.